cirond winc out of business?

I tried to access

formatting link
and got the following page:

CGI Error The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.

Could they be out of business? I was needing technical assistance. If they are (or aren't) maybe someone could answer this for me:

I am connecting to a wireless network who's SSID is not transmitted and there is no wep key. Although I can connect, I cannot set it to trusted. I get the following message:

Insufficient security. This network cannot be set to the trusted state as it does not meet the minimum security requirements configured within your airsafe software.

What does Winc require to make it "trusted"?

Reply to
tommynospam
Loading thread data ...

Works (your link in this message) for me, and the site seems to be there ok...

Reply to
Peter Pan

Yup. Works now. Thanks.

Reply to
tommynospam

I found out from Cirond Tech Support the following to make this happen. Thought I'd post it.

1/ locate the following file: C:\\Program Files\\Cirond\\Cirond Winc\\connect.cfg

2/ load this file into notepad for editing

3/ find the section [UNSECUREDTRUSTED] in this file and set it "=Yes"

4/ make sure that the SSID of the network you are trying to connect to is not listed in the section [UNSAFELIST]. If it is, remove it, or better still change your SSID of your network so that it does not match one of these defaults.

5/ save the file with your changes

6/ restart Winc

Reply to
tommynospam

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.