can't network after full drive sharing

I've tried looking around to see if anyone has experienced this...

Running Windows/XP SP2 Pro on our laptops. On one of the laptops, I can't get it to share across the local network. They are all pretty much setup the same way, and we are pretty familiar with the various speed bumps of sharing.

I THINK that this is the result of at some point in time We shared the entire C: drive - got the warning msg - and did it. And it proceeded just fine.... after that - we reset the sharing to just point at a couple of sub-dirs... and now it does not work.

I can see it in the "Windows network", I can click on the computer icon and drop to the next level, but at the lowest level - we get an error message about "permissions".

I'm pretty sure that's a bogus message, as the laptops are setup with the same users, etc - and it's just this single laptop that refuses to share.....

Anyone run into problems after sharing the entire C: drive, and then going back to just sharing a few sub-dirs ?

I don't know what else to look for....

Reply to
P.Schuman
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.