C&W Wireless router won't connect wirelessly

I've got a problem with wireless connectivity issues. I have a D-Link DWL-G122 USB wireless adapter and a C&W ADSL wireless router.

My ISP is Tiscali and Im about to give up on the whole 'wireless world' as this is driving me nuts. I wont go into configuration details as I know I've done it correctly. Comes with 1 week of trying.

You'll laugh but I've - rebuilt my laptop from scratch. Tested the USB adapter in the store it came from. Upgraded the USB drivers. Flashed the router with the latest firmware, re-set the router, exchanged the original router for a replacement convinced the router was faulty!! and travelled all over my house trying to get a connection. I dont have any other PC's, I just want to get a wireless internet connection on my laptop. How hard can it be.

I've succesfully connected to the net using the Ethernet connection from laptop to router and configured the router to the exact specifications of my ISP.

Is it just possible I'll never get a wireless connection in this house????

Please help.

Reply to
geo.marsh
Loading thread data ...

Why ask if you've done it all correctly?! :) So *exactly* what doesn't work and what have you done?

So *exactly* what have you done?

Right, so *exactly* what have you done?

You've stated that you've configured it all correctly (but not provided any detail) and it doesn't work, you've done other "stuff" and it doesn't work.

Simple answer is that yes it ought to be possible to get a wireless connection but you're going to need to provide much more detail because right now, the only thing that can be offered is to suggest to configure it in accordance with the instructions.

David.

Reply to
David Taylor

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.