antennas & access points

I'm trying to extend the range of my home network by putting a directional antenna on an access point.

What do I need at the remote end to communicate with this directional antenna? Will another access point work? I was hoping to put another directional antenna at the remote point so that the two directional antennas point toward each other.

Thanks for your help.

Reply to
Loading thread data ...

For a single PC you just need a regular network card. For a group of PC on a lan you want something like a wireless Bridge.

Reply to

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 15:39:05 -0500, "Jim" wrote in :

Standard wireless adapter or wireless client bridge.


That can indeed help if you need the extra gain. For a simple commercial solution, consider the Hawking HWU8DD

Reply to
John Navas Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.