access point jako wzmacniacz

pytanie jak w temacie. czy moge uzyc access pointa jako wzmacniacza sygnalu? czesto przerywa mi polaczenie z inetrnetem ze wzgledu na odleglosc od hot spota. czy moge wzmocnic sygnal uzywajac access pointa? moj ac to linksys WAP11.

pozdrawiam i z gory dziekuje za pomoc,

Justyna

Reply to
Justyna Szymanek
Loading thread data ...

Translated from:

formatting link
Question as in theme. If (or) access culminating point moge uzyc consolidator as sygnalu? It interrupts with (from) from (with) on from me spot czesto polaczenie inetrnetem wzgledu odleglosc hot. Access culminating point moge wzmocnic sygnal uzywajac? It moj ac linksys WAP11. I salute and with (from) for assistance gory dziekuje,

I think we might need some help with the translation.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Translation.

May I use an access point to strengthen a signal? My connection is frequently broken because of the distance to a hot spot. May I amplify the signal with an access point. I use have a WAP11 access point.

Thank you for your assistance.

Reply to
cjtwantstoknow

formatting link

Reply to
riggor99999

No. An access point is not an RF amplifier, range extender, or repeater.

I suggest you buy or build a better directional antenna.

No.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

True, but one big advantage of an access point, versus a PCI or Cardbus card, is that you can position it for better reception/transmission, without the losses inherent in using an antenna cable connected to a PCI or Cardbus card. This is especially true for Ethernet access points, since you can have an 100 meter long cable, though even with USB 2.0 you can go to 5 meters which is often enough to make the difference.

If DSL prices go past $35 or so, I'll put an Ethernet Access point outside, with an antenna aimed at one of the two free wireless networks that are a few hundred meters from my house. Then I'll sign up for a VPN service like

formatting link

Reply to
SMS

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.