VPN speed? Help needed

Hello

We just got installed a vpn tunnel between 2 subnets by Lancom 1611+ on one side and Lancom 1723 VoIP on the other via 3000 kB ADSL. Both subnets can see each other and everything should be just fine. But we have a speed/hanging problem on both sides, if i.e. I want to see the context menu by clicking right mouse button on the remote machine, or starting a program. Alone right clicking on a file for the context menu lasts about 10 minutes to menu becoming visible. Starting an executable can last up to 30 minutes, even if I change working directory.

What could be wrong there?

We have no access to the both Lancoms, they were remoted by the provider.

192.168.0.x 192.168.0.200 ------- 192.168.1.100 192.168.1.x Both sides are Windows LANs.

Can someone please help me with that? I'm not very experienced with vpn.

Thanks in advance.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Muehlbauer
Loading thread data ...

It seems to be Speed issue between you and ISP. Check the ISP speed and traffic traveling for VPN

Reply to
CK

Thanks CK for that hint.

Just phoned with Telekom today and they say, everything is ok on their side. The guy gave me a tip to switch off NetBIOS on both sides to gain GRE protocol for more speed. The result was a sudden network breakdown on both sides, because all workstations are running on NetBIOS (only workgroup, no domain).

Even adding port 1723 TCP, 1701 UPD, 500 UDP, and protocol 47 (GRE) takes no effect. Using VNC as remote desktop runs absolutely fine, so I assume that has something to do with transportation protocols. Maybe the cause of it are slow Microsoft transport protocols, as the hotline supposed?

Reply to
Peter Muehlbauer

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.