VPN Routing Tables for Dummies?

My job recently setup a VPN to let us access the LAN. This works great with one exception. Once I connect to the VPN, ALL of my network traffic goes across the VPN. So for example, if I surf a web site, that request goes over the VPN, and not simply out to my ISP like it should. If I uncheck the "Use Gateway..." on the VPN setup, I can't access the VPN at all.

I assume I have to setup my local routing tables such that, only traffic for my work servers goes across the VPN, and all other traffic stays on my local LAN.

Can someone point me towards a resource to help me solve this?

BV.

Reply to
BenignVanilla
Loading thread data ...

Visit your vendor's website and search for how to setup "split tunneling".

Reply to
Drake

It could be that this is the corporate policy your company wants for you to do. I've setup many VPN's such that the end-users were forced to go through the corporates proxy web filters from their remote location.

So, "simply out to my ISP like it should" is more based on the corporate policy, which might not be part of the settings you can control.

But if they don't care either way, you want to do split tunnelling. You don't say which VPN client you have, so its a bit difficult to give any more instructions than to look for that setting.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.