Hardware or software client? Pros and Cons?

Hi all,

I just received the DFL-200 VPN router I mentioned in my previous post. It does allow the remote site to have a dynamic IP. :-)

Questions:

1- What's best for the remote sites... hardware (DI-804HV's) or software (NETDEFEND, WinXP) solutions? And why? 2- Is there ANY advantage to using additional DFL-200's at the remote sites? Other than two-way dynamic IP access? Would this give better performance (DLink claims these units have a VPN accelerator engine or something) and/or security?

Ouch, I just noticed after proof-reading the above, that having the DFL-200 at the _main_ site will allow the _remote_ sites to have dynamic IPs... not exactly useful for me right now. So, if I wanted to use a DI-804HV at the remote sites, they would require the main site to have a Static IP... ughghgh!!! SO, DI-804HV at main, with DFL-200 at remote would work... but this just doesn't seem right... maybe option 2 above really is best?

Any suggestions??

Please help, thanks in advance!

Jesse

Reply to
Jesse Leonor
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.