Big Questions

Hello all I am setting up a VPN for the first time. I just purchased an Linksys RV042 which will end up being used at our smaller office. We will probably get an upgraded version of the RV042 for the main office. Basically what we want to do is have one office the main office with our database server. Then we have a secondary office that is currently hooked up threw a point to point wireless network however it is not very reliable so I had the idea to use a vpn gateway to gateway type, which the RV042 and higher end models have. First question, how will the computers on the remote side work with main office? Will they each be assigned an IP address? We will be using IPSec and not PPTP most likely. We have a database and other server based software that we need that is hosted at the main office. What do people think? We open to any idea. Thanks! Ben

Reply to
Ben Willson
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.