Voipbuster & sjphone

Hi there, can someone tell me how i can make sjphone to work with my voipbuster account ?

formatting link

I think i have done everything right, i can ring out with it, but when someone pick ups the phone i cant hear him and he cant listen to me ?

The main connection is there, but no voice transmission ? Why ? What am i doing wrong ?

Im using XP home edition on my machine

When i do use the voipbuster program it works fine not 100% but 60%. Do someone else olso have the problem where the voice do disaperes in

2-4 seconds and so on ?

MMX2

MMX

Reply to
mmx2
Loading thread data ...

There are several possible things: basically NAT and codecs.

Have you tried the phone with some other service provider (eg voipuser.org or fwd)? You can sign up with them for free and do some things, and their SIP systems seem to be much more stable/sensible than Voipbuster's. [alas, they don't have the same free calls] If those are working, you probably have the firewall etc set up OK. If you can't get those to work, you need to look into NAT/firewall issues. (I have found so far that with NAPT you don't need STUN and all those complications.)

The most likely problem from my recent experience is the codec choice. Voipbuster seems to negotiate use of codecs it then can't honour; and then give a '403 forbidden' return code. I have restricted my codecs to G711a and G711u on a Grandmaster 486 and that worked for me. I haven't tried sjphone with Voipbuster (I had instability problems with it even before I added the Voipbuster dimension)

Look for lots of information on forums at voipuser.org and

formatting link
Good luck Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Todd

Hi - my sister has a grandmaster 486 on her ip, but she has not connected it with voipbuster. Can you give me the details how to set up grandmaster 486 with voipbuster ?

Max

Reply to
mmx2

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.