VOIP with ReplayTV

I have a replayTV 3030 which connects over the phone line. I am considering a move to VOIP phone service and giving up the land line, its cheaper and seems like the right direction technically. I have heard that the quality will not allow the ReplayTV to connect over the IP phone line.

My question is has anybody had any experience with AT&T CallVantage, SunRocket, or Vonage and replayTV? Did you need to lower the baud rate on the Replay? What bandwidth does your internet connection have?

Reply to
Steve Weavers
Loading thread data ...

I'm afraid I can't answer for those particular VOIP carriers, but I have tried several with my asterisk system as well as none (just asterisk). What I found out is that some of the early replay boxes had a noisy modem chip. This was also confirmed by PacBell who said it was screwing up my DSL line (before I went VOIP). I haven't tried my 5000 yet (no need to with the network connection).

If you have one with a noisy chip, that could be a problem.

-- John

Steve Weavers wrote:

Reply to
John Sutter

Dear Steve,

I would recommend you to visit the site:

formatting link
and discover the advanced VoIP world.

Please do feel free to contact me for further questions you may have.

Kind Regards,

Sam.

------------------------------------- Steve Weavers wrote:

##-----------------------------------------------## Article posted with Cabling-Design.com Newsgroup Archive

formatting link
read and post WWW interface to your favorite newsgroup - comp.dcom.voice-over-ip - 4876 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
ubifone

Try here:

formatting link
Enzo

Reply to
Enzo Michelangeli

The SunRocket VoIP is now installed and works well as a phone line. The land line is no more. But, I am not able to make the rtv3030 connect. It will dial, there is a modem exchange, but then it just fails. Do you know how I can find out if I have a "noisy chip"?

The VoIP gateway is a Telco Access 211. Getting good information on this device seems to be difficult, but it is advertised as supporting a fax machine.

Reply to
Steve Weavers

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.