Wide Open West VoIP, Nortel i2004 Internet Phone

Ok, I'm a total VoIP noob so bear with me.

I just got WOW (Wide Open West) VoIP, the put the modem in my house that allows my usual Internet connection and a connection they ran to my phone lines. VoIP works fine, Internet works fine. I believe I understand how this works, but my question is this.

I have a brand new Nortel i2004 Internet Phone that has only an ethernet input, is there anyway possible to get his phone to work on my VoIP system? I do have a router and switch on my LAN and can easily plug the phone into it, can I configure it for my VoIP service?

Second question: How easy is it to "hack" the packets of the VoIP and intercept the phone calls?

Thanks, Bill Michigan, USA

Reply to
arachnoman
Loading thread data ...

I've only used the i2004 on a Nortel VOIP system. I'm not sure that it is meant to work with other VOIP setups. I'm also not familiar with how WOW works either... So far I'm not helping much. If you have the info about the IP address(es) of their servers, and the port number that manages SIP signalling, you can play with the phone's setup options to see if anything happens. In case you don't know how to do this:

Power Cycle the phone. When you see "Nortel Networks" appear on the display quickly (before "Nortel Networks" disappears) press the four soft-keys under the display one at a time from left to right. You should now be in the setup stage.

Good luck!

Reply to
Onion Knight

Crap. Sorry about the top posting.

Reply to
Onion Knight

Reply to
Lonewolf

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.