Register an account with Voipbuster etc. without Windows?

Can one create an account with Voipbuster.com, Voipcheap.co.uk, voipstunt.com, or netappel.com without using their MS-Windows-based Software?

Reply to
Georg Schwarz
Loading thread data ...

Georg Schwarz wrote: || Can one create an account with Voipbuster.com, Voipcheap.co.uk, || voipstunt.com, or netappel.com without using their MS-Windows-based || Software? || || -- || Georg Schwarz

formatting link
|| snipped-for-privacy@freenet.de +49 178 8545053

Not that I'm aware of.

Reply to
Jono

You can create the account using their software and then use the account without their software, but I guess you have to usse the Windows phone once to register.

I received a recent mailing from voicebuster saying they gave everyone a free local phone number. I put them back on my box and then the next day there was a message from them saying that the account credit expires in such and such a time and to put more money in.

Reply to
BlueRinse

I suspect that the software does little more for registration than calling some specific URLs. If these were known one could probably register with a browser.

Reply to
Georg Schwarz

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 22:36:55 +0100, snipped-for-privacy@freenet.de (Georg Schwarz) put finger to keyboard and composed:

FWIW, I haven't been able to get Voipbuster to work with an xTen Lite softphone although others claim to have done so. Nor have I been successful with Voipcheap, although both Voipstunt and Sipdiscount are OK. I notice that all four providers require me to allow server mode in my firewall settings, but only when using their Win XP software. Perhaps there's a clue there.

- Franc Zabkar

Reply to
Franc Zabkar

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.