[Linksys 3102] Care to share a working config?

Hello

(FYI, I'm not using the WAN interface and the Linksys is connected to the LAN using the familiar 192.168.0.0/24 plan, the PBX is sitting on the same LAN, and no firewall is involved. This is straight PSTN ->

Linksys -> LAN -> PBX.)

No matter what I try, I still have the following road-blocks:

1. If I don't forward calls to the PBX through User 1 > Cfwd All Dest, Linksys doesn't notify the PBX of incoming calls. Syslogd does show that the Linksys detects the call. Using a dial plan under PSTN Line doesn't work

1. When calls do get set, the internal extension can hear PSTN caller, but PSTN caller can't hear internal extension : routing problem?

Since the 3102 doesn't come with any documentation and I'm told it's sufficiently different from the 3000 that I shouldn't rely on documentation for the latter... if some 3102 experts out there could take a quick look at my configuration and what I tried and see if there's something obvious missing/wrong, I'd be very grateful.

formatting link
Thank you.

Reply to
Vincent Delporte
Loading thread data ...

(...which by the way is not done with the configuration you posted at

formatting link
...)

I think that the softphone mistakenly sends its RTP packets to a wrong address or port. This could be due to some piece of equipment (e.g., the PBX) using STUN to get the router's external IP address, and declaring that one instead of the internal address (in the 192.128.0/24 network). This is common practice to handle calls with peers ouside the NAT, but in your case it would cause the loss of the RTP packets sent by the softphone... Unfortunately, it's hard to tell from a distance. Why don't you try running Ethereal (a.k.a. WireShark) to see what's going on? You may define a capture filter like "udp and not port 53", just to avoid most unrelated packets. Note: if you want Ethereal to sniff packets sent by the SPA-3102 to some wrong place, you must use a non-switching ethernet hub (good luck to find one in these days...). But in your case it would seem that it's the packets sent by the softphone which are going astray, so they should be well visible to Ethereal if it's run on the same PC.

The voice part looks identical to me... If I were you, I'd grab

formatting link
and study it carefully... The section 4.13 has various "Configuration Examples and Call Scenarios" that were quite useful to me.

At first glance it looks fine, although as I said it looks consistent with the "second method" rather than with the one based on call forwarding. I can't understand why the call is not passed to the PBX: you even register the FXO on it...

By the way, Voxilla.com at

formatting link
has a useful wizard to help in the configuration of SPA-3000 / SPA-3102 , which can at least preset a few defaults. It assumes the use of a service provider, but you can later adjust the server's name changing it into the IP address of your PBX. IIRC, you need to register before accessing it.

Enzo

Enzo

Reply to
Enzo Michelangeli

Finally found what it was:

formatting link
Linksys "support" is beyond words, and I couldn't bear one more day of staring at that interface ;-)

Thank you very much for your help, though. It did turn out to be a routing issue.

Reply to
Vincent Delporte

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.