IP2006 SIP Phone codecs missing!

I've just got a IP2006 SIP Phone...

In the features list is: "Supports G.711, G.729, G.726, G.723.1"

amongst all the other usual expected features.

Trying it and the phone only negotiates G711! This immediately swamps my cable uplink. In the setup, the other codecs are greyed out "none" (unavailable).

A web search only found the same firmware as is already installed. (And the other codecs are mentioned in the 'release notes'.)

Anyone know what to tweak to enable the G.729, G.726, G.723.1 codecs?

Or hasn't the firmware been written yet?!

(No reply from the supplier so far.)

Thanks, Martin

Reply to
Martin 53N 1W
Loading thread data ...

If G.711 "swamps" your cable uplink then I'd want to be talking to the cable modem service provider. We're only talking about 80k bps here.

Also.... successfully negotiating for other protocols requires that the desired protocol is #1, available & supported at the other end, and #2, fully compliant with -your- protocol

You have to realize that so-called "stated compliance" with any of the various "Gee-Dots" is no sure-fire guarantee. These specifications each contain permissive elements that are subject to interpretation. Example, look at Q.sig and talk to people who have tried (unsuccessfully) to implement it between competing PBX manufacturers. They might have been able to get it working, but only with the most fundamental features (CLID Name & Number) and almost never with the full set of "claimed" features (Msg Wtg, Call Fwd'g Reason Codes, Route Optimization, Step-Back on Busy, Remote DSS/BLF, Remote ACD Agents, etc.)

Reply to
Mitel Lurker <wdg

(:-(( indeed...

On a Mitel system the G.711 protocol is only slightly greater than 80k bps total, including packet overhead. This number coincides with Mitel's engineering documentation and has been confirmed by us with a sniffer.

Reply to
Mitel Lurker <wdg

[...]

Mitel wrote: > If G.711 "swamps" your cable uplink then I'd want to be talking to the > cable modem service provider. We're only talking about 80k bps here. >

The cable modem uplink is 2.5Mbit/s, rate capped at 64kbit/s (:-((

G.711 is actually 107.2kbit/s including all the packet overheads...

Those other codecs negotiate fine if I use a Grandstream BudgeTone100. The problem seems to be that they are just not in the IP2006 phone's firmware!

Anyone else know them to be there and operating for the IP2006?

Regards, Martin

Reply to
Martin 53N 1W

[...]

Answer from their support:

### To enable a high compressed codec do the following:

Go into the Web page "System" option. [At the bottom of the page,] In the feature key input field on this page please input "enableall". ###

All now seems to work.

(:-)) Martin

Reply to
Martin 53N 1W

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.