Initiate a SkyPe Call Using a Cordless Phone Via ActionTec Internet Phone Wizard?

I have just bought a phone adapter for connecting a regular phone to SkyPe. I have a question on the way to initiate a call through a cordless phone instead of through the SkyPe program.

That phone adapter is called "Internet Phone Wizard" from ActionTec. That device connects to the PC through USB, and the device has a jack for an analog phone. I have connected a corded phone to the device, and I can talk using the phone and SkyPe; but I will have to initiate the call through the SkyPe program. I don't know how to initiate a SkyPe call using the keys in the phone. This is OK as long as I am using the corded phone and I need to sit in front of the PC anyway. But this won't be OK if I use one of those set of multiple cordless phones because I may be making SkyPe call from a different room. According to ActionTec web site, I am supposed to hit some keys in the phone to initiate a SkyPe call; but they don't say which keys (I guess this may be specific to the model of phone). I have emailed them about this; but almost a week later they still haven't answered my email (not a good sign for customer service).

I think this may have something to do with setting up a Speed Dial to each phone number in the phone book in SkyPe. I have done that; but still I don't know which keys in the phone to press to tell the phone adapter that I meant to use SkyPe to make the call.

I am quite puzzled right now. Please help.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Jay Chan

Reply to
jaykchan
Loading thread data ...

The user manual at

formatting link
, at pages 26 and 28, says that you have to hit the '#' key twice, wait for the dial tone, then enter a SkypeOut or a Skype speed-dial number (that you'll have separately set up in advance using the Skype software).

Enzo

Reply to
Enzo Michelangeli

Thanks, I found it.

I didn't understand the instruction when I was installing the device; I thought that meaned something else. Now that you point it out, I understand it.

Jay Chan

Enzo Michelangeli wrote:

Reply to
jaykchan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.