call vantage down

My service is dead, too. Since about 9pm I think. I wasn't home earlier. My internet is fine. But , the callvantage website is down. And the callvantage phone service goes busy AFTER I enter in all of my information.

Any updates from anyone else out there?

Desh

Reply to
Desh
Loading thread data ...

my call vantage died tonite, customer service said there is a nation wide problem?

anyone else have this problem?

Reply to
steve

They are probably making "improvements". Half of Vonage subscribers were down Friday over a glitch in new software.

Reply to
Pepperoni

my service went out at 9 pm est as well. dial tone only could not call or recieve, now no dial tone. was on phone with tech support for almost 1 hour then i was told there is a nationwide outage

Reply to
steve

All is normal in the AM in MA - RM

Reply to
Rick Merrill

I've been hearing a lot of people complaining about the respective VoIP providers having service outages. As far as I know, my SunRocket has been alright. CallVantage, Lingo, and Vonage have all had recent outages. Does anyone know why all the sudden the rash of service problems?

Reply to
ukcats4218016

Reply to
Jo Cloe

Didn't a company get in trouble for this recently? Wasn't someone blocking Vonage's service? I thought whoever it was ended up being fined something like $15k.

Reply to
ukcats4218016

Exactly. Mason River Communications, a North Carolina ISP _and_telco_, was fined $15 by the FCC as part of a consent decree, wherein they agree to stop blocking VOIP traffic. Here's a link to the story:

formatting link

Reply to
Rusty Shackleford

They won't mind losing customers hand over fist then...

Reply to
Ivor Jones

What you will find is that a lot of ISP's are routing traffic that is not specific to their own VoIP service. I've seen countless incidents where Comcast, Cox, Adelphia, TimeWarner, etc have been sending all client traffic through a 10.xxx.xxx.xxx address before it ever hits a public domain. I'm not entirely sure of the implications, but essentially the ISP could make SIP miserable for everyone else but themselves (SIP is only happy when there is a clean connection between points A and B).

I know with the Lingo outage there were a number of attributing factors: a) a set of servers were being moved to a new location b) a third party routing server was on the fritz c) a new firmware to the Azatel and UTStarcom devices d) the provisioning server was basically denying inbound traffic

I'd heard that V> >

Reply to
sTj

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.