Who owns this 800 number

How do I find the carrier who last provided service on a certain toll free number in US?

If the number is dormant, how can I claim it for use by my company?

All replies appreciated

Reply to
Fileseeker
Loading thread data ...

Try Ameritech's (now SBC's) RespOrg number @ 1-800-337-4194. The RespOrg is the "Responsible Organization" ie. carrier for a toll-free number. The number should give you the name and a trouble-reporting number for the carrier; once you have the name of the carrier, you should be able to google it for contact details.

Reply to
Nathan Strom

I do find it funny that SBC's RespOrg ID system can't seem to identify the RespOrg for itself. :) If you enter the same number for identificication (800-337-4194), you get "The RespOrg name cannot be found." It does however, give you a RespOrg code ("AWLD1") and the correct trouble reporting number (which is of course, for SBC).

I tried another, unrelated SBC-managed toll free number and met with the same results.

Reply to
Isaiah Beard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.