Voices

Our helpdesk got an email from an off campus site that the lady there was hearing voices on the phone in one room. So they sent me over to investigate. Before I left, we were talking about what might be the problem and we came to the agtreement that that user should be taking lithium for the problem(!) ;-)

I went over to the site and I found that one phone was picking up a radio station in the background. So I went over to the MPOE and listened to the phone line and everything was okay.

The phone was setting on top of a VCR in a roll-around cart with the VCR on the shelf and a big TV on the top. I could hear the radio station plainly, so I moved the phone set off the cart to the table, and the radio station went away almost completely. Must be picking it up from the big metal cart.

The lady had showed me the voices on the phone when I first came there, so I called her back in and let her listen to the phone on the table, and when she couldn't hear anything, I said jokingly, maybe the voices are all in your head, and it might help if you took a lithium pill... And she gave me a look, like I was cute but not really that funny. Anyway, I replaced the phone set and it worked okay, no more voices.

-- @@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@h@e@r@e@@ ###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS? Check HERE First:###

formatting link
email address is whitelisted. *All* email sent to it goes directly to the trash unless you add NOSPAM in the Subject: line with other stuff. alondra101 hotmail.com Don't be ripped off by the big book dealers. Go to the URL that will give you a choice and save you money(up to half).
formatting link
You'll be glad you did! Just when you thought you had all this figured out, the gov't changed it:
formatting link

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th
Loading thread data ...

That isn't a very nice thing to say.

If moving it causes the problem to go away, it'd probably do that and keep the phone with a mental note of the curiosity. But I can be called `techie'. I don't expect it from people that aren't and are told they don't need to be (``look, it's user friendly!'').

Until some station moves to the next magical frequency... :-]

Knew of a violin teacher who used to record his pupils' work and his comments and examples so they could listen back to it. He also had a suitably long spiral microphone cord which was /just/ right for his setup, except that it would pick up a local AM (I think) talk radio station, making it useless for the intended purpose.

Reply to
jpd

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.