T1 AMI/SF to B8ZS/ESF

I have a T1 that was provisioned incorrectly by my telco. It was supposed to be B8ZS/ESF but it is instead AMI/SF. The equipment that I have needs to have B8ZS/ESF and the telco says it will take 3 weeks to reprovision them.

My question is can I use a device like an Adtran TSU 120 and configure the network side for AMI and the DSX port (the port that goes to my equipment) for B8ZS? It looks like the Adtran will accept those settings but I was wondering if anyone here knows for sure if it will work or not?

Thanks,

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff
Loading thread data ...

I'd escalate. Changing to B8ZS/ESF requires only that the tech type one line into a control console or flip a few switches. A lot of CSU/DSUs can be remotely configured without a site visit.

Reply to
John R. Levine

the adtran should be able to take in a t1 on its network port and output any given number of channels to a secondary t1 port. if i remember correctly, simply build a map template to pass along all 24 channels to the secondary port then configure the secondary port to b8zs. also, your telco is lying. you may be able to call in a trouble ticket on the circuit and report that you are unable to pass traffic. when you finally talk to a tester and he/she mentions that the circuit is ami, ask if they can change it to b8zs - they should be able to easily. it would help to convince them if you have some paperwork showing that you ordered a b8zs circuit.

Reply to
john smith

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.