Strange Things Are Happening

I have a strange problem that I hope some of you can explain. I am not knowledgeable about telecom.

I have a cell phone account that allows me to access the activity log. I saw some calls listed and found that the calls were made by someone other than myself to try to access my messages from outside lines, not from my cell phone. I found that the numbers used to make the calls were either from toll-free numbers or from phone numbers originating in Trinidad and Tobago.

When I called to retrieve my messages, there was a single message left at the exact same minute and date as two of the attempts at getting my messages from telephones other than my own cell phone. These were from two different toll-free telephone numbers. The message was from someone I have met and know of, someone who was the sometimes ex-boyfriend of my new wife, and we aren't exactly on good terms. I tried to call the toll-free numbers and found that one of them is a corporate number that is no longer in service, and the other number just hangs up automatically when I dial it.

The next day after the message was left and the two calls were made to access my messages from outside telephone numbers other than my cell phone, there were two more attempts at getting my messages from numbers in Trinidad and Tobago. I didn't try to call those back for fear of getting charged for the calls somehow.

I don't know how this person who left the message could make a call to my number and leave a message and then have it show up as a call from an outside line to retrieve my messages. Also, how could a call in the log show as having originated from a defunct toll-free number, a toll-free number that hangs up when you dial it, or from two telephone numbers in Trinidad and Tobago?

Tor DeForest

Reply to
Tor DeForest
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.