Does our Pana 1232 have a bad power supply?

I've never seen something like this before. We have a Panasonic KXTD1232D and all the sets will occasionally "wink out," as if they were all unplugged from the wall, then come back on a second or two later. Any calls in progress are dropped. It does this every few hours.

Last week it was doing this more and more often, ending with the sets being off permanently. I power-cycled the 1232 using the rocker switch on the side and that brought everything back to life and it remained rock solid for a few days, then this started happening again.

I checked all the connections, including the 25-pair pigtails into the unit and they are all properly seated.

So, what do you think?

Reply to
Walt
Loading thread data ...

Power sags on AC circuit ? Put on backup and see. Weak power supply, disconnect about a third of the sets for one day and see what happens.

TerryS

Reply to
Terry

Possibly a failing processor.

If you know how to do it check the voltages coming out of the power supply while the system is 'down' and see whether they are up to specs.

Take care, Rich

God bless the USA

Reply to
Rich Piehl

How many and what types of phones do you have on the system. Are there any analog ports being used?

TD's don't like shorted data pairs and sometimes an old modem or single line set will short the second pair and give the system fits.

I'd try to isolate all the extensions to maybe the 1st phone and start adding the digital sets one at a time then any analog phones with just two wires.

Carl Navarro

>
Reply to
Carl Navarro

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.