Identify Modular Phone Jack

I am trying to locate a source of phone jacks that will fit in an existing equipment rack.

The panel presently has a combination of 6 and 8 pin jacks mounted in it. I need to purchase some replacement jacks for the panel.

I removed one of the 6 pin jacks and it is labeled as a Lucent 22AB7 and fits into a 5/8th by 11/16th inch hole in the panel.

I have been unable to locate a source for jacks that fit into this panel.

Can anyone point me to an online catalog that lists this jack or a compatible replacement?

Reply to
GlowingBlueMist
Loading thread data ...

-------------------------------------

Glow> I am trying to locate a source of phone jacks that will fit in an > existing

If it is Lucent it was replaced by Avaya and is now part of the CommScope Systimax line is most likely part of their "M" series of jack which are also used in their face plates. The tell tail sign is that it has two locking tabs, one on each side. The panel that they are used with is part of their M1000 series and held 24 jacks on 2 rows of 12 or the M2000 series.

Here is a link to one of their instruction sheets that shows the M1000 on page 30 of the document

formatting link
Here is a link to the M2000 instruction sheet
formatting link
See if this is what you have.

Joe Golan, RCDD

-- ##-----------------------------------------------## Article posted with Cabling-Design.com Newsgroup Archive

formatting link
Web and RSS interface to your favorite newsgroup - comp.dcom.telecom.tech - 3266 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
Jgolan

formatting link

Thanks for the information Joe, The panel is one of the M1000 series.

With your info I have a much better chance of tracking down a source for the modules, if they are still being sold.

Reply to
GlowingBlueMist

-------------------------------------

Glow>> Thanks for the information Joe,

They are an active product line.

You won't find them at you local Home Depot or Lowe's as they usually carry only the Leviton brand. If you have a good electrical supply house that sells "Systimax" which is the current brand name owned by CommScope or the CommScope 'Uniprise' line (same thing but considered the generic) then you are in. Otherwise you will need to purchase them from either ebay or a national data supplier like Anixter

formatting link
or Graybar at
formatting link
possibly a few others like CSC at
formatting link
Look for brand name Systimax or Uniprise made by CommScope. Here is a link to the Uniprise catalog, look at page 32 of the PDF file where the jacks start for all their part numbers
formatting link
There are separate pages for the Cat 6, 5e and 3 jacks Also fiber modules start on PDF page 62 and other misc on page 63

You should be able to locate a supplier that has stock without a problem

-- ##-----------------------------------------------## Article posted with Cabling-Design.com Newsgroup Archive

formatting link
Web and RSS interface to your favorite newsgroup - comp.dcom.telecom.tech - 3274 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
Jgolan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.