Fax group 4

hello, Id like to know what to do to send Group Fax 4, that it is supposed to send a page in 10 seconds... I want to buy a PCI card on my PC where I connect my 4BRI, and it says that it supports Group Fax 4. What else do I need to send Group Fax 4? A Fax Software? Thank you

Laura

Reply to
Laura
Loading thread data ...

You need 'group 4' fax transmission equipment.

*AND* the place (or places) you send to must have 'group 4' fax _recieve_ equipment.

Beyond that, you need to 'read the directions' on the card for the PC, and see what kind of software interface it supports (what the 'protocol' is that is required to talk to the board), under what operating system(s).

THEN you need to see if you already have anything on your box that knows how to to 'speak' that protocol.

If you already have something that does that, you don't need to get anything else.

OTOH, if you *don't* have anything, then, yes you _will_ have to buy something that speaks the right hardware language.

And, even if you do have 'something', you may desire features/capabilities not in the pre-existing software, and end up shopping for 'something else'.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.