However, when I try to patch each connection to the distribution panel

for wall/floor outlets, the phones no longer work - should I be

cross-connecting the patch panels?

Many thanks!

Reply to
davehall
Loading thread data ...

What kind of patch cable are you using?

My guess is that the Samsung set is polarity sensitive. If you're using RJ-14 patch cords, try making up data cables instead of telephone patch cords.

Carl Navarro

Reply to
Carl Navarro

I am not a Samsung guy, so take my advice with a grain of salt ;-)

I think that you may have a problem with different pin layouts on the panel your amphenols are terminated at and the rest of your cabling system. This would affect your phones if they are two-pair phones. This would not the case if they are single-pair phones. Basically, what happens is the second pair on a T568A panel would end up in place of third pair on a T568B jack. Some phones use the second pair for delivering power, so, it would essentially be dead if power for the phone ends up not where it's expected. Here is a link to these pin layouts:

formatting link
them out, see if this problem applies to you.

To fix this problem you would have to re-terminate the amphenol panel or use special cords converting A to B. I personally would prefer re-terminating the amphenol panel because all you need to do is to move pair 2 to 3 (or vice versa) on every port, and it's easy to do if you have a punch-down tool.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Reply to
Dmitri(Cabling-Design.com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.