ATM Network

Hi,

Could anybody help me why ATM switch is not replying to OAM cells?

Regards, Manoj

Reply to
mgoyal
Loading thread data ...

What type (manufacturer, model #, etc.) of ATM switch are you using ?

What do you mean by "not replying to OAM cells" ? Do you mean setting the source bit from 1 to 0 and returning a Loopback Request OAM cell ? F4 or F5 ?? Or some other type of OAM cell ?

How are you ascertaining that it is not responding properly ? What test equipment are you using ?

You need to provide more details.

Reply to
Justa Lurker

Hi friend,

Have a look on it.......Our inband management solution uses cisco routers with atm cards connected via stm1 connections to a psax. Atm to atm vcc connections are added across any intermediate psax's. The routers use F5 oam cells to detect if the connection to the psax is available. As the inband connections on the psax is set to end-pt in the oam status field the psax should reply back to the router. The psax however is not replying to the oam cells. If I change the oam status of the intermediate connection from intermediate-pt to end-pt the intermediate pasx replys to the oam cells and the connection becomes active. Also If I remove the oam cell management from the router config the connection works and we can access the psax.

This has now failed on two new psax's we are integrating. The only difference we can see between the two psax's which do not work and the others that do is that the new psax's are using 2 port stm1 cards rather than single port cards. Could you try to find out what is the problem?

Regards, Manoj

Reply to
mgoyal

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.