Vonage Finally Offers ACR

I got the email this morning. Anonymous Call Rejection and Do Not Disturb are now features of the Vonage package.

We subscribers had only been screaming about this for the past few years. It's about time.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: But it is important to note that ACR (Anonymous Call Rejection) _only_ works if the caller specifically punches in *67 before the number string (your number). If for any other reason the number fails to be produced or a bogus number is given, telco (the prime supplier for Vonage, after all) considers the number to have not been withheld. If your caller ID refers to 'caller name unknown' or a string of obviously bogus digits (like all ones or all zeros, etc) claims the number was 'provided' and was not 'anonymous'. Unless the caller specifically instructs the switch 'do not give this information' ACR will _not_ work, at least not from a landline to a Vonage phone. Now, I suppose if a Vonage customer is equipped to diddle his number (as are most telemarkers and collection agencies) then Vonage may or may not have the ability to deal with it as an ACR type call. But if you are counting on ridding yourself of ACR calls from telemarketers I think yours is a misplaced faith. Is Vonage using *77 for ACR? What are they using for DND? PAT]
Reply to
T
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.