Re: Vonage Finally Offers ACR

I got the email this morning. Anonymous Call Rejection and Do Not

> Disturb are now features of the Vonage package. > We subscribers had only been screaming about this for the past few > years. It's about time. > [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: But it is important to note that > ACR (Anonymous Call Rejection) _only_ works if the caller specifically > punches in *67 before the number string (your number). If for any other > reason the number fails to be produced or a bogus number is given, > telco (the prime supplier for Vonage, after all) considers the number > to have not been withheld. If your caller ID refers to 'caller name > unknown' or a string of obviously bogus digits (like all ones or all > zeros, etc) claims the number was 'provided' and was not 'anonymous'. > Unless the caller specifically instructs the switch 'do not give this > information' ACR will _not_ work, at least not from a landline to > a Vonage phone. Now, I suppose if a Vonage customer is equipped to > diddle his number (as are most telemarkers and collection agencies) > then Vonage may or may not have the ability to deal with it as an ACR > type call. But if you are counting on ridding yourself of ACR calls > from telemarketers I think yours is a misplaced faith. Is Vonage using > *77 for ACR? What are they using for DND? PAT]
*77 enables ACR, *87 disables. *78 enables DND, *79 disables DND.
Reply to
T
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.