Usenet history and trivia, and Duke's Usenet feed now gone [Telecom]

In another group there was a thread recently about Usenet and folks were unaware that Duke University is where Usenet began:

formatting link

I've always browsed numerous news and university sites to keep current with events and in 2010 Duke University shut down its Usenet service and I caught this news item the day it appeared on May 17, 2010:

formatting link

I was going to post that URL in the other group's Usenet thread but either the article is no longer available or Duke's server's are down for either a Spring or Summer break.

Fortunately I've learned to *NEVER* trust the longevity of URL links so I always PDF articles that interest me for my archives creating as many as 100 PDFs a day. Good news for all, I did PDF that Duke URL and the article is available here at 351kB and 4 pages with pictures:

formatting link

Feel welcome to read or download the PDF. There's Usenet trivia and a quiz at the end of the article. Don't scroll past question 4 to avoid seeing the answers until you've answered all 4 questions. :-)

Thad

Reply to
Thad Floryan
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.