[telecom] Flappy Bird is the embodiment of our descent into madness

Flappy Bird is the embodiment of our descent into madness

We'll do anything for a quick fix these days -- so long as it's free, shamelessly manipulative, and comes with a high score counter.

by Nick Statt February 2, 2014

It was after maybe the 14th or 15th time I'd seen "Game Over" flash across my iPhone screen in the last maybe seven minutes that I decided that the app Flappy Bird -- an experience so simultaneously simple and maddening that I could already picture it haunting my dreams -- was perhaps the worst smartphone game ever created.

formatting link

Reply to
Monty Solomon
Loading thread data ...

[snip]

"...Flappy Bird is a game with no conclusion that subsists solely on your hunger for a higher score and your dumb, completely illogical belief that you will in fact get any value out of playing...."

35 years ago he might have said the same thing about Space Invaders. or a few years later, Asteroids. Of course back then you actually had to leave your house to play the games, which required at least some level of human interaction.

Jon

***** Moderator's Note *****

And I'd have given anything To have my own Pac-Man game at home I used to have to get a ride down to the arcade Now I've got it on my phone - Brad Paisley

Bill Horne Moderator

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.