Re: How to Spam Cell Phones

TELECOM Digest Editor noted:

that stuff go nowhere. The big thing now, it seems, is to send members > of E-Bay's community 'partial' letters of complaint, with a link > address to click on to respond. The partial letter says something like > "That gizmo you sold me; when are you going to deliver it?" and the > partial letter always goes on to say "E-Bay takes this complaint very > seriously. Please respond direct to this member if you wish to retain > your good standing with E-Bay." etcetera. How big a thing is 'big > thing'? Oh, I get anywhere from 50 to 75 of them each time I log on > here. I finally relented and answered just one of them the other day; > I used the 'f-word' in every form I could think of using it; as a > verb, a noun, a preposition, an adjective, an adverb, you name it. And > I did not bother to sign it. I sent my reply as an independent > email to the site named prior to the cgi-bin which included ebay in > the end of it. I did not get a futher reply from the goofus who sent > it out to me, but I did conclude by telling him I hoped he felt my > 'customer service' had been good. Those people are really beginning to > make me get very angry. PAT]

I get those too, along with lots of stock pump and dump image spam. On the ebay stuff, I don't think it's sent by ebay members. Instead, it's just a phishing attack. They use ebay since it's so popular, and it's more likely someone is to have an account there than at some particular bank. I just send ALL spam that gets past my spamcop blacklist and spam assassin filters to spamcop.net . It automatically generates complaints to the appropriate isps (those where the email originated and those hosting referenced sites) and adds the originating email server to the blacklist, which then causes MTAs to reject future emails during the connection phase.

Harold

Reply to
harold
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.