Recommended brand for a new cell phone handset? [telecom]

The battery on my existing cell phone gives only about 60-75 minutes of talk time (with very little standby time). I've learned I'm entitled to a new handset.

I plan to get a free one, in the flip style. The only feature I'd like is a better built-in camera, though most seem to have that. (What is a "VGA" camera?)

Any recommendation for brand of basic-model flip-type cellphone? This is for Verizon.

Thanks!

Reply to
hancock4
Loading thread data ...

VGA camera is almost certainly 640x480 which is 300k pixels. Go for the 1.2M pixel cameras.

Once I decided on my required feature set, such as 1.2M pixel camera, and rate plan, I decided on my phone based on various reviews found on websites such as

formatting link
You're always going to have negative reviews so it was a matter of reviewing which had the most positive and fewest negative reviews. And deciding if the negative reviews sounded like the person was ranting.

I prefer to not use my cell phone. Indeed I'm happy if I get less than one call per week. I decided to go with Virgin Mobile in Canada as, for $100 prepaid, I don't have to throw in money for another year. I will very likely have money left over. In addition the cell phone they had for $80 had the same features as competitors cell phones for $280.

A nice bonus is that the battery is a rectangular battery inside the plastic case. The back case was the battery on my previous six year old cell phone so those batteries can be found on Ebay for $52. These batteries can be had for $10 or $15.

Tony

Reply to
Tony Toews [MVP]

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.