Re: Worst Phishing Fraud Attack Ever! 40 Million Cards Affected

I went through our credit card bills yesterday. LLBean Visa 27% APR.

> Delta Skymiles AmEx 25%. I paid them both off in full and won't be > using them again. AmEx charges $15 for an over-the-phone eCheck but > the INTEREST on the damn card was several dollars per day. By the > time the physical check would arrive and clear, I would have that much > in interest.

You will probably find that they still have an amount due the next month, to mop up finance charges. As I understand it, some cards charge interest on the average balance for the month rather than the actual balance, which means they can keep charging interest on a loan you've paid off!

I'm about to dump all my Cisco switches (2900 Catalyst series, 5000 > series) and the RAID stuff onto eBay. Simply shutting them down and > replacing them with a 100 watt ReadyNAS 600 will save me hundreds of > dollars per month even if I just threw them out.

I remember when Yale University gave away an IBM 370 for just that reason. The whole new computer cost less than the saving on electricity from turning the old one off.

Reply to
mc
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.