Re: Worst Phishing Fraud Attack Ever! 40 Million Cards Affected

"Hardly a week goes by without startling new examples of breaches of

> sensitive personal data, reminding us how important it is to pass a > comprehensive identity theft prevention bill in Congress quickly," > said Sen. Charles Schumer (news, bio, voting record), D-N.Y.

Startling? I am not even surprised by junk like this anymore.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: My thanks to Lisa for rounding up this > item. So what do we do now? Discontinue any/all shopping on the > web where Card Systems is the processor? What information _is_ safe > to give over the net any longer? Any at all? PAT]

???

Who said anything about the Internet? This particular breach would affect much more than just Internet transactions. This is apparently a backend system that was breached. Non-Internet transactions could also have been exposed.

And there's no way to avoid Card Systems, because we don't do business with them directly, and as far as I know, neither do the merchants. They deal with the card issuers.

JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / snipped-for-privacy@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED Coming to you from Southern California's High Desert, where the temperatures are as high as the gas prices! / 888.480.4NET (4638)

"Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"

Reply to
Steve Sobol
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.