Re: Worst Phishing Fraud Attack Ever! 40 Million Cards Affected

We probably need new common-names for all this deviant behavior;

> 'phisher', 'cracker' and 'hacker' are just not enough any longer. PAT]

I agree.

If the detectives are doing their jobs, the accounts released to the public of how it was done are probably deliberately just a bit inaccurate. They don't want to reveal what trail they're following.

One credit card company reacted to this yesterday afternoon by cancelling my credit card (with no prior notice) while my wife was in the middle of a shopping trip. No fraudulent charges had been attempted; they just felt it had been "compromised."

This could be jolly inconvenient for travelers! Are credit cards liable to be yanked at any time because of security breaches? Is that how the industry is going to start reacting?

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Not: They are, and yes it is. Customer incon- venience is not a big issue with them when they are threatened with the possible loss of a few dollars in fraud. PAT]
Reply to
mc
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.