Re: Why is VOIP Getting Hot Now?

> In my case it was $88 a month to Verizon vs. $27 a month to

>> Vonage. Big difference. It's the only thing that hasn't inflated in >> the last year or two. > Of course, Vonage does not have to pay for the local loop, so there's > some savings there. How much are you paying for "last mile" > connectivity (cable modem or DSL or whatever)? I'm currently paying > Verizon about $25 per month for local dialtone. I'm paying about $3 > per month in long distance to another company (about 5 cents per > minute, probably much of that is compensation to the terminating > carrier). I'm paying $70 per month to cyberonic.com for DSL (6Mbps per > second AND they let me run my own servers). I pay $0 per month to >
formatting link
. I also pay about 1 or 2 cents a minute to > them for calls into the PSTN. SIP calls (within siphone, to FWD, > Google, etc.) are free. I use
formatting link
to get a POTS > number on SIP for free (though the number is in Washington). > There certainly are LOTS of options. > Harold

I justify it by the fact that I've had the net connection and paid the $35 a month for it for several years.

So not only do I get to use the phone but I get to play on the net. Could it get any better?

Reply to
Tony P.
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.