Re: Why is VOIP Getting Hot Now?

Hi,

> I am looking for some insight on this VOIP thing. Why is it, seems to > me, getting hot now? This thing has been around for many years (I > remember using Internet Telephony application almost a decade ago), > why is it getting hot now? why does it take so long for it to get some > tracking? Is there anything different now that makes it more > appealing than a decade ago?

Because those of us who are VoIP evangelists finally got the message out. I've made a half dozen referrals to Vonage in my office and that's in the last couple of months.

When pe> >> I am looking for some insight on this VOIP thing. Why is it, seems to

> me, getting hot now? This thing has been around for many years (I >> remember using Internet Telephony application almost a decade ago), >> why is it getting hot now? > Likely because the technology has improved enough that people are > using it on a regular basis. >> why does it take so long for it to get some >> tracking? Is there anything different now that makes it more >> appealing than a decade ago? > Sure. It works better than it did a decade ago. Also, it's popular > now because of the perceived value as compared to pricing for regular > wireline service.

In my case it was $88 a month to Verizon vs. $27 a month to Vonage. Big difference. It's the only thing that hasn't inflated in the last year or two.

Reply to
Tony P.
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.