Re: Verizon, Voicewing and Portability

Pat,

Thanks for the reply. VoiceWing is not a separate company, but rather Verizon's own VOIP product. That's why it makes such little sense that current Verizon DSL customers would be unable to sign up. Also, I just re-upped with VDSL for another year in order to get the $30 rate, so switching to a cable modem isn't an option.

ZftCG

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Ah yes, the cheaper rate if you agree to go for one year. When SBC sensed I was getting unhappy and about to toss them out, they tried that on me also. Re-up for one year on DSL, get it for thirty dollars per month. When I reminded them that they had earlier promised (and lied) about having a cheaper rate on DSL as long as I also subscribed to Cingular Wireless [which I do] -- then they later claimed that would not apply in my case and would not honor the rate; and when I reminded them they had earlier also promised a thirty dollar rate if I subscribed to a whole truckload of unwanted and sometimes useless 'custom calling features' including voicemail,[which at the time they said they would turn on, then a day or two later a technician told me they could not do on this exchange] and they later told me they had not promised any such thing; then you have to forgive me if I did not want to take any more chances on them. I am on a very fixed income and cannot afford something as expensive as Southwestern Bell DSL when a bunch of hollow, bogus lies come as part of the package. Maybe you will have better luck getting Verizon to honor a promise of a thirty dollar rate. Watch and see how the bill slowly starts to creep up with invoices of a dozen or more pages written in hierogliphics arrives. You call them each month to complain about the increase and what they promised you in the re-up, they say 'so sorry, our mistake we will re-rate you next month and pro-rate the credit you have due.' Then the next month your bill arrives, two or three times as many hierogliphics as the month before and if you wade through all the re-rates and pro-rates you see they actually did the same thing again. For that, you get to wait in their voicemail hell 'as a valued customer' for 30-45 minutes each time.

Anyway, if you did not actually _sign anything_ as part of the re-up, don't worry about it. Just tell them, as I did, "well, I lied about it, I never promised, etc." They'll never be able to get their act together well enough to produce any paperwork anyway. I'd suggest that unless there is paperwork to the contrary, you just back out of the deal and go with cable and some CLEC. It will work out cheaper for you in the long run. My cable internet, Prairie Stream telephone line -and- my VOIP phone line turn out to be less each month than SBC was costing. PAT]

Reply to
Zorro for the Common Good
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.