Re: Verizon, Voicewing and Portability

they all told me varying things, but the basic upshot is that because

> I'm a DSL customer, I can't get VoiceWing on the same line, since DSL > requires a regular land line.

Does it make sense? No. Is it true? Unfortunately, yes.

Just this week the FCC ruled that it has jurisdiction over DSL, not the states, and it affirmed its ill-considered finding that telcos do not have to provide "naked" DSL.

I agree that you're probably better off with a cable modem.

Regards,

John R. Levine, IECC, POB 727, Trumansburg NY 14886 +1 607 330 5711 snipped-for-privacy@iecc.com, Mayor,

formatting link
Member, Provisional board, Coalition Against Unsolicited Commercial E-mail

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: And have you noticed, as I have, how cable internet is usually _much faster_ than DSL? Both downloads and uploads go amazingly fast. And our local CableOne office gave me a choice of either a 'full T-1' or 'half-speed' which is apparently a smaller 'pipeline', but in either event, quite enough for most residential use. Anyway, our original correspondent should enjoy reading all the outrageous offers Verizon starts making to him once he does a 'Terri Shivo' on them and pulls the plu. PAT]
Reply to
John Levine
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.