Re: Using Two ADSL Internet Connections Simultaneously

I know nothing about setting up a server, so please pardon my ignorance. Is there any reason why it needs to be a linux server? Could it be Windows?

Where can I get further > snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

> Here is the problem, >> I have two telephone lines. I want to make both of these lines ADSL >> connections to the internet and use these connections to provide >> internet access to several wireless laptop computers. A maximum of >> about 20 laptops would be connected to the system at once. I would >> like the laptops to be able to use both lines simultaneously so that I >> don't have one line overloaded and one underloaded (ie: I want to >> balance the traffic on the lines at any given time). >> Anyone have any suggestions on how to set up something like this? >> -Jonathan > Obtain a Linux server, connect each DSL line to a separate Ethernet > card, and modify its route table to give equal weight to each line. > You'll need a third card for your wireless AP or other LAN connections. > Best of luck. > William
Reply to
jonfklein
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.