Re: Touch Tone vs. Rotary -- Desk vs. Wall Sets?

> P.S. While we're on the subject, would anyone know what percentage of

>> lines are still served by exclusively dial equipment? I don't think >> they charge a premium for TT anymore. Also, many people have some old >> rotary sets still in service (like me) even if their primary sets are >> TT. > Over here in the U.K. we didn't get TouchTone until the 1980s, but > there was never any premium and it was made available on all lines > automatically as soon as the C.O. equipment could handle it. > All lines will still accept rotary/pulse dialing, at least regular "old > fashioned" lines (some cable services might not). In fact the > automated BT line test function still includes dial-tests for both DTMF > and pulse. > I still have rotary phones in service around the house, both Western > Electric 500s and the old GPO 706 (nearest British equivalent of the > WECo 500). > Paul

Have you made any adjustments to your WECo 500s for compatibility with the UK system?

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.