Re: [telecom] Iowa: Verizon Wireless services down across the country, including the Quad Cities

TV6 viewers are reporting the are unable to use their phone's data or > voice service.

> > According to Down Detector, the Quad Cities area is one of several > pockets across the country experiencing large spread outages. Other > areas affected include the Seattle, Los Angeles, Denver and New > England coastal areas. It is unclear how many people are exactly > impacted. >

formatting link

I asked Verizon spokesperson David Weissmann to comment: here's his texted reply -

We are currently experiencing a network issue impacting wireless service for some customers in the Upper Midwest including the Rockford, IL, and Davenport, IA metro areas. Our engineers and technicians have identified the hardware issue and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. Affected customers can still make and receive calls by enabling WiFi calling on their devices. Instructions on how to enable this free service can be found at ...

formatting link

I asked Mr. Weissmann if this is an FCC-reportable outage, and how many customers are affected, and I'm waiting for his reply.

Reply to
Bill Horne
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.