Re: Sneaky Cingular Wireless

[PAT, please remove my email address & name from this message. --Bob > Hofkin]

> Two bits of sneaky language showed up on my Cingular Wireless bill > this month. First, a new late fee, announced in all caps: > LATE PAYMENT CHARGE: A 1.5% LATE PAYMENT CHARGE PER MONTH MAY BE > APPLIED FOR AMOUNTS UNPAID 20 DAYS AFTER THE DATE OF INVOICE (AK > 0.875%, AR 0.085%, NE 1.33%, WI 1.00%). > Second, a bit of legal bogosity in smaller print on the return stub: > Use of service or payment of this invoice indicates agreement with the > General Terms and Conditions for wireless service. > I really wonder what they've got planned and why they're coercing an > "agreement" here. Maybe it's to get former AT&T Wireless customers in > line somehow, but it sure smells rotten. I'm sure they wouldn't let me > off without paying the bill or the early termination fee if I don't > agree with their terms. > I think publicity is probably the best way to deal with this > particular nastiness. > boB > That's another fine message you've gotten us in.
Reply to
Tim
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.