re: Single port vmail to wav file [Telecom]

Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 06:55:34 -0600

>From: John Schmerold >To: snipped-for-privacy@invalid.telecom.csail.mit.edu >Subject: Single port vmail to wav file [Telecom] > >I am looking for an answering machine that delivers its voicemail >message via email with wav file attachment. I recognize I could rig >something up with a PC, but don't want all the fuss associated with a >PC. > >Any ideas? I want to keep this under $300.

Following up on all the discussion of "MagicJack", this is exactly what the voicemail feature of MagicJack does.

At $20 for the hardware/set-up and $20 per year for "MagicJack", you'd be spending only about $40. Then, if you just need to get your local phone provider to enable call-forwarding so that you can forward your calls to your "MagicJack" number when you want voice mail coverage.

I would be surprised if there weren't other VM-to-email services which would provide similar functionality without the need to maintain your own hardware.

Reply to
Will Roberts
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.