Re: Rotary Service Primary in World?

I get the impression that almost all countries use Touch Tone service

> on their telephones. For places that never had much landline service > to begin with, people are heavy into cellular, which of course is > Touch Tone. (Apparently in an undeveloped place it's cheap to build a > new cellular network than landline since stringing wires > house-to-house and store-to-store are not required.) > Anyway, I was wondering if there were any places where legacy rotary > dial switchgear was still the primary method of handling calls. I > tend to doubt it since electronics are so much cheaper and easier to > maintain. Rotary equipment required skilled maintenance.

We just had this same discussion on Monday and I wonder the same thing. SxS equipment is huge and bulky, and you can put 1000 lines in a box the size of a 4 cubic foot refrigerator, that will use less power and require no maintenance except to keep it environmentally warm/cool and dust free.

Just where does all of that Step equipment go?

Carl Navarro

Reply to
Carl Navarro
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.