Re: Music on Hold, Digital Player

>> We've been using a CD/MP3 player, with a CDROM for our music on hold.

>> Needless to say, after awhile running 7/24 for a couple of uses in an >> infinite loop it's starting to act up. I was thinking of moving to an >> MP3 player instead (no moving parts) this time. But we'd need one >> with an external power supply and one that could loop one track. > As the above is technically illegal, why not subscribe to and use XM Radio?

Please explain why this would be illegal?

The playing of music on hold is not illegal.

The problem arises when the music being played is copyrighted, and the rights are owned by others, without the proper licensing.

Licensed music is available for this purpose, and of course you would always record your own music, either an original composition, or a classical or traditional piece for which there is no copyright.

This discussion has made no mention of the actual content, so we don't know what is being played, or what the potential copyright issues might be.

-- Welcome My Son, Welcome To The Machine -- Bob Vaughan | techie @ tantivy.net | | P.O. Box 19792, Stanford, Ca 94309 |

-- I am Me, I am only Me, And no one else is Me, What could be simpler? --

Reply to
Bob Vaughan
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.