Re: Question About NXX Exchange Numbers: Are They Geographic Areas?

I work for a non-profit which is just about to conduct a telephone

> survey of rental households in Los Angeles, and we are seeking maps > (or mapable information) about telephone numbers. When we call renters > (as well as smaller sample of apartment owners), we want to know if > they fall in the City of Los Angeles or an adjacent community.

How would you know if a household is rental, boarder, or homeowner?

I must point out that although your project is legal in the U.S., these surveys, which I seem to be bombarded with at home, are a nuisance. Some households have ill people and such phone calls represent an unnecessary disturbance and hardship on such people. It certainly was to my family. I had to rip out my mother's phone line -- and cut off my telephone contact with her -- as a result of such calls.

Consequently I refuse to answer your question. For other viewers who choose to answer, I respectfully ask them to first thing about the nuisance aspect such "survey" phone calls.

Reply to
hancock4
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.