Re: Question About NXX Exchange Numbers: Are They Geographic Areas?

Mr. Dykstra,

> I happily found your on-line list of NPA/NXX's (area code plus exchanges) > with some geographic information attached. > I work for a non-profit which is just about to conduct a telephone > survey of rental households in Los Angeles, and we are seeking maps > (or mapable information) about telephone numbers. When we call renters > (as well as smaller sample of apartment owners), we want to know if > they fall in the City of Los Angeles or an adjacent community.

Please STOP right there. I, and the vast majority of other people in this country, do NOT want you calling us on our telephones and bothering us.

Alternatively, how about you publishing your home phone number and letting each and every person you bother call you right back. At all hours.

Oh, and while you're at it, make sure to give out the home and cellular numbers of the people who run your "non profit". I'm sure lots and lots of the people you canvass would love to return the favour. _____________________________________________________ Knowledge may be power, but communications is the key snipped-for-privacy@panix.com [to foil spammers, my address has been double rot-13 encoded]

Reply to
Danny Burstein
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.