Re: My Space.com Continues to Offend

By Tom McGhee

> Denver Post Staff Writer
[ snip ]

This year, courts have rendered judgments against individuals for

> making defamatory comments on the Internet in cases in Florida, > Georgia and North Dakota. Lawsuits are pending in Colorado, > California, Texas and Utah.

And I'd betcha tat the vast majority of these "judgments" came about because the defendant never appeared and thus lost by default, and I'd also betcha tat most of the rest (not quite all ...) would be overturned on appeal.

Oh, and that the defendants don't have much in the way of attachable resources, either.

Earlier this month, Tony Perri,head of Boulder's public-access TV > station, Channel 54, filed a criminal complaint alleging a former > producer at the station, Jann Scott, put up a MySpace page that > defamed him.

Criminal complaint about defamation? That's, umm, interesting.

_____________________________________________________ Knowledge may be power, but communications is the key snipped-for-privacy@panix.com [to foil spammers, my address has been double rot-13 encoded]

Reply to
Danny Burstein
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.