Re: GSM Cell Density in Metropolitan Areas

> What is the average (or range) value for GSM cell (i.e. base station,

>> antenna, ..) density in metropolitan areas? (e.g. in cities like >> London, Paris, Rome.) >> Is there any publicly available information about the topic? >> Please note that I am *not* asking for actual base station location, >> as I know that > Ow? I can imagine that the cell phone company doesn't want to give a > map if I ask nicely, but with some simple AT commands I can make my > phone show the current cell number and alert me when it changes. Add a > gps unit, some logging software and I can map their cell numbers. I've > been playing with this, see
formatting link
> In my country (the Netherlands) I can find the actual location by > checking the register of antenna licenses.

However, T-Mobile, here Stateside, blocks the data for the local cell's identity, as per a German ham who has an HP 6315 on T-Mobile while he's here.

Reply to
John Bartley
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.